1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

liquid de-icing training

Discussion in 'Liquids Are Us' started by dyost, Oct 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dyost

dyost Junior Member
    from ohio

Liquids are us will be holding training sessions on the use of liquids and how they can help with your overall snow plan for this upcoming winter season. With the cost of salt and the uncertainty of salt supplies it is time for every snow plow professional to take a good look at liquids.
    We are excited to be having Dale Keep from Snow & Ice Technologies as our key note speaker. Dale is a nationally known consultant on the use of liquids for snow and ice management. If you have never heard dale speak it will be well worth your time to attend this training.
    The training will take place nov 10th & 11th in the cleveland area. We will be having 3 trainings the first day, 1 training session the second day, with a round table discussion that evening, each session will be about 2 hours long. All training sessions will be the same.
    Tentative schedule day 1 8:30-10:30am 2:00-4:00pm 6:30-8:30pm
    Tentative schedule day2 9:00-11:00am Roundtable discussion 6:30-8:30pm
    Call today to reserve a time slot 330-715-7411 or 330-715-7405 or 330-297-0006
    THIS IS A FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE EVENT

2. mlbock

mlbock Junior Member

what's the trining entail? hw detailed? do you get into equipment as well? i'm on the west side of ohio and this sounds interesting. let me know

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Im thinking of going any one else from chicago wanna go?

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

ill go van

5. dyost

dyost Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks for the interest in the training.
    We are currently putting together our outline for the training. Will put an outline up here as soon as we get it done.

Here are some topics that will be discussed.
    1). Choosing the right liquid for your snow operation
    2).Know what you are purchasing
    3).Understanding the math that is involved in using liquids. NUMBERS DONT LIE
    4). Different applications for liquids.
    5). How liquids will enhance your snow operation

KNOWLEDGE= SUCCESS

THIS IS A FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE EVENT

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

This all sounds good, but will there any hands on training. Im the type of guy who needs to get into a piece of equipment to see for myself. Not much into sitting all day and listen to someone sell me something. I need levers and switchs to play with.

Regards Mike

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I'm in for this,

Bring your snow Bussiness Magazines and i'll sign them lol

This sounds like a good time, do we have a site or anything yet so we can start getting rooms?

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i don't get it?......are you a sponsor or what?..

what are you selling? no-one "train's" anyone with unbiased information for free!

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

PJ search there name

10. dyost

dyost Junior Member
    from ohio

liquid de-icing

Liquids are us is a distibutor of michigan chloride sales. We are offering this training for free for the following reasons.
    1). We are also a snow and ice mgmt. company that like allot of us , are paying allot more for salt this year, and also not sure about this years salt supplies as well as next years. We have spent countless hours looking into liquids and have been told many so called facts about liquids that simply were not true or way overstated. We hired Dale Keep to consult with us to help us better understand liquids and how they work. During our search for an affordable and effective liquid, michigan chlorides product when compared to other products on market kept coming up the best for us in both cost and preformance.

2). We are trying to work with people that are in the same situation as we were untill we began to better understand liquids. Yes it is true that we are selling them , but if you attend the training you will not be forced to buy any. You can make your own decission on what product you buy . We would like for you to take a look at Michigan Chlorides product that is all.IF YOU DONOT ATTEND YOU WILL MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR .DALES KNOWLEDGE ABOUT LIQUIDS. Thank you for your concern

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Why is the dates a monday/ tuesday? Thats ruff to fit in lol.

Will there be hands on stuff too

12. dyost

dyost Junior Member
    from ohio

liquid de-cing training

The dates that we have chosen are the only dates that Dale had available for the month of november and fisrt part of december. We scheduled the evening training sessions because we understand everyone is busy working during the day.
    There is no hands on training during this training session. Dale will be giving a presentation on allot of good info about liquids in general. You will also be able to ask questions.
    THANKS FOR THE QUESTION

13. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Are all the Tranning sessions the same or diffent>?

14. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Yes, he is a sponsor of this forum (Liquids Are Us)

15. dyost

dyost Junior Member
    from ohio

Yes all of the training sessions will be the same with the exception of the evening one on nov 11th it will be a round table discussion , so that you can have the opportunity to just ask questions.

Thanks for asking

16. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

ok thanks .....

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Michigan chloride sales should have had the training in Michigan ......................prsportprsport it a long walk from michigan to cleveland

18. dyost

dyost Junior Member
    from ohio

Hey Superior,
    We are the distibutor for ohio, thats why we are having the trainings in ohio.
    Would still love to have you attend the training, we will buy you a new pair of walking shoes should you wear yours out so you can walk back home.
    Thanks for the interest:)

19. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

The Buckeye in me will not let me support any thing from Michigan! LOL!

20. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL Mike,

How do we RSVP for this shindig?