1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid De-icing Application Equipment?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jjklongisland, Jan 19, 2016.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Does anybody know of a manufacturer/supplier that can make 3 skid mounted self contained spray units for the back of a pick-up or flat deck truck in a quick turn around time. They need to be GPS controlled and apply low volume around 30-35 gallons/lane mile (200 SY/gallon). We are located on Long Island and need them ASAP.

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Look for a large manufacturer, all the parts are readily available except the tanks it seems. A large company may have an abundance of tanks on hand.
  3. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Most manufacturers I called are 4-5 weeks out.
  4. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I have problems getting tanks too. Especially this time of year. I found out that the MOLDS the tanks are made with are not at any one place. They are shipped around the country from 4-5 different places. They then make so many of each, then ship the mold to another place. When those tanks are used up, they have to wait to get the mold again to make another production run.

Tank times are anywhere from 2 days to 8 weeks. Depending on the style of tank.
  5. VS Innovation

VS Innovation Member
    from 56063

I'm not sure if you are still looking for these setups, but we could have three to you by next week. These setups are completely GPS controlled. Feel free to email me at voigt.smith.innovation@gmail.com

IMG_2043 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2047 - Copy.jpg