1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid De-Icer Supply

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by slc12345, Oct 18, 2008.

1. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

I am from CT and would like to know if anyone has a source for Liquid Calcium or any other liquid chemical, we have tried Magic O and Caliber but at over $3.59 per gallon we would like to try something a little bit more affordable. We have looked on line, at the concrete plants,ect, no one knows what we want, so maybe some one can point us in the right direction.

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

3. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

I am in Oklahoma and need a source for the deiceing liquid myself.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

shoot MIKE S. a PM he knows a guy that's sellin.

even if you had to have it shipped from MI or OH no bigger than the tote's are i bet MICK could get it shipped for you for around $100

heck i got a plow from BASHER in Pennsyvania shipped to me in West Central MO for a little over $300

if the concrete plant's don't use calcium........what do they use to cure concretein the winter?.

try some tractor dealership's or tire shop's, Calcium is used in tractor tires for weight :nod:

just remember that 32% calcium is what you want...no more no less......and it weighs 11.3# per gallon. so weigh some in a milk jug

pj

5. powerjoke

i have a freind in joplin......i May be able to get some calcium to joplin for you how much do you want?..

would anybody else be interested in some if i could package it in 250gal totes and get it to you economicly?........i'm gonna start a thread so reply there please

give me a ring (660)885-1521 Rick

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

They sell the 300 gallon totes here for about $375 plus shipping (includes the tote).

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Pj, id like some info at your convenince please

8. powerjoke

Metro:what type of chem?.....

Elite: PM sent

Ropinghorn's: i'll call you back this evening.

pj