1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid De-icer pump filter clogging white goo.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Cobain, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Cobain

Cobain Junior Member
    from Spokane

Hello everyone, I've got a problem with the filter leading to my pump clogging up with white goo. I haven't run the pump for about a month, but the liquid is fairly new and it hasn't been too cold here is spokane wa. I will clean out the filter and it will run good for about 30 sec. then clog up again. Any suggestions? I was thinking of running a bigger filter screen.

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

As long as your suction filter screen is as small or smaller than your outlet tips thats all you need. I have had the same problem when I had a filter on the brine-maker. I put a different screen in it and all was good.

3. Cobain

Cobain Junior Member
    from Spokane

Thanks, do you know a place online to get different filters?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you brewing your own liquid? Maybe the solution is too strong and it is precipitating?

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

6. Cobain

Cobain Junior Member
    from Spokane

We buy it mixed.

7. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Check with your liquid vendor as well. He may have an idea. Was your storage tank & truck tank cleaned before filling? May be an issue there.

8. Cobain

Cobain Junior Member
    from Spokane

The vendor said that they got one bad batch, he is going to refill the tank and pay us for our time and gas to drive back there. We ran it today without the screen and everything worked well.