1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Calcium?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lindalimo, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Lindalimo

Lindalimo Junior Member

So where do I buy Liquid Calcium? At a store that sells water softeners and water treatment supplys?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

For bulk try calling your local redy-mix plant.

They use it in concrete
  3. Lindalimo

Lindalimo Junior Member

Wow, I really don't ned it in bulk, just have one big parking lot to do. So, Calcite (I think its called) would not work? Its crystals you would put in a water system to correct its Ph.? Calcium something ..... Thank you.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Calcite is fairly insoluble in cold water.
  5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

LindaL you are starting a process you may not want to continue. Liquid calcium application is not something you do on a whim. Especially if you are talking about a big parking lot. Two big questions- do you want to pre-treat (before the storm) or post-treat (after the storm like salt)?? Are you thinking of liquid cc as a bandaid for getting thru salt shortage? May not be a good choice.
    Check out www.highcountryis.com and look at the blog and resources tabs. The resources tab has a pretty good list of liquids providers including cc. The blog may help you to understand the process for getting started using liquids. Good luck.
  6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Great website.