1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Calcium Chloride Supplier Needed - Cleveland, OH

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ClevelandPusher, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ClevelandPusher

ClevelandPusher Junior Member
    from Detroit

I need to find a reasonable supplier for LCC in the Cleveland, OH area. I do not have bulk storage tanks, but will probably use 20,000 gallons over the course of the winter. Feel free to PM me with your rates, or contact information for Liquid Calcium Chloride suppliers in the area. Any insight is much appreciated.

BTW, the closer to Brook Park, the better.

2. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Shoot me an email
    kimbercontracting@yahoo.com

3. Weeded!

Weeded! Member

Make your own?

I am curious at what point you make your own brine mix... how much do you have to be using per year?

4. ClevelandPusher

from Detroit

Run a break even analysis. I dont have the luxury of making my own brine this season. Possibly next year I will. At this point, I'm still trying to find a supplier to be able to take on this contract.

5. Weeded!

Weeded! Member

We mix our own fertilizer into solution with just a few hundred clients... not sure why you could not do the same with salt.

I don't know your numbers on salt, but mixing doesn't seem that hard, and it seems paying for the transport of 74% water to your shop is expensive.

6. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

we can supply you with brine and also take care of your storage for you give us a ring 1877 34brine mike or ed thanks

7. ClevelandPusher

from Detroit

I've previously requested a quote from your website and you wanted something like $2 per gallon? I'll take my chances elsewhere.

8. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Visit our website
    www.thechlorideguy.com
    or e-mail me at
    sales@thechlorideguy.com

9. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Wow we told you 2.00 gal. not sure what happened maybe you just needed a tote full or something. for a tote it's a 1.00 gal f.o.b our yard so shipping might be where the other cost came in sorry for the confusion.. FYI if you can take bulk loads shipped to the clevland area it will be around .65cts gal. min. 4500 gal. loads price will increse if you need a lower volume

Thanks
    Mike

10. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

sorry i did not relise you were in the detroit area that will also reflect your pricing for bulk
    closer.