1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Applicator for sidewalks

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by STARSHIP, Dec 2, 2014.

1. STARSHIP

STARSHIP Member

I'm looking for ideas for a piece of equipment that could be used for applying liquids to sidewalks. I know Snow-Ex and Earthway have walk behind units, but I am looking at more of a ride-on, or at least a very dependable self-propelled type of machine. I also know you could put a hose and real on a liquid truck, but the ideal use would be for long sidewalks that are 3' wide, and not close enough to be accessible from a liquid trucks hose and real.

My dream machine is something like a 36" Z-Spray from LT Rich, but we already have a larger type machine. Purchasing this smaller machine isn't as cost effective, unless a dependable used one were to come along. Actually, a stainless type machine that has a belly plow, a broom (similar idea as the Snow-Ex) and could apply granular salt and/or liquids would be the ticket. Once again, LT Rich comes to mind. I know it's a big wish list, but I never say never, even if I have to settle for something that is reasonably close.

Anyone have any additional thoughts or ideas?

2. jpell

jpell Senior Member

Can you take an ATV mounted sprayer for agriculture and convert it for liquid ice melt?

3. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

No reason it can't be done. I don't think I would go over 25 gallons.

4. jpell

jpell Senior Member

I wouldn't either, unless you beefed up suspension or had a trailer to tow with a mower or atv

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

It works, not great, but it works.

We did this 10 years ago.

OP, check out this thread:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=158873

6. STARSHIP

STARSHIP Member

Thank you for the link Mark. It is almost like he was reading my mind.

7. STARSHIP

STARSHIP Member

Ooops, wrong thread

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014