1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Again

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Gmgbo, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

I know this topic has been talked about a million times, but in all the searches I didnt I couldnt find many answers.

I have a 300 gallon lawn sprayer I would like to use in the winter.
    What chemical do I use and where can I get it in CT.
    Will the product damage a rollar pump?
  2. SuperBlade

SuperBlade Member

umm.. all depends on the roller pump. off the top of my head, if the roller pump you use for lawn chemicals most of them are usually noncorrosive.

I plan on using liquid calicum chloride. but there are many other enviromentally safe products also. There is also magnesium, beat juice(?), salt brine,....

try to google for liquid deicers in CT.

if you have extra time search through all the old post(just look for anything about liquid deicers...i found helpful when questioning myself)
  3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

. pj
  4. You might want to check for the local Magic dealer in Ct.. Liquid Magic is now an EPA approved green product...I think its going to be a big year for liquids with salt costing what is does...