1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lipinski to Merit to Brickman?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Oct 20, 2014.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

My Account girl told me that there has been a steady stream of companies coming to visit their offices. Apparently, the equity arm that bought them is crying "no-mas"! Rumor is Brickman is the leading contender as apparently Merit is a big player in the NJ local landscaping market.

With Brickman buying Valley Crest, makes you wonder how big they can be. $2 billion in revenue is a crazy amount.

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

so brickman/valley crest is buying merit your saying?? that's crazy

3. Green Glacier

Green Glacier Senior Member
    from MI

AAAAH man I liked merit
    brickman that SUCKS :gunsfiring: :mad:

4. Lawns Anonymous

Lawns Anonymous Junior Member
    from 08050

Interesting...need input

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Yet people think brickmans going to disappear. LOL

They're only getting stronger. I guess they needed another write off on top of 2 billion

6. Lawns Anonymous

Lawns Anonymous Junior Member
    from 08050

yes Merit is a big player in NJ, they're HQ is here and I assume Brickman is going after Merit's facilities division too now that Brickman has a national facilities division too.

:dizzy:

7. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

How is Merit with paying? They have just contacted me with two properties that are seasonal. Does anyone have any experience with them, would they be willing to negotiate there suggested price?

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

they terrible, and they pay in 120 days or so.

shoot it takes them a month to process the bill to the client!

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

we never subbed for brickmans... but subbed off a sub in the past that had a brickmans account....

Brickmans had their OWN guys salt the lot, and told us they'd call us when it needed service. Well after three small storms, i stopped in and saw 4 guys in a crew cab truck leaving with tons of salt/sand all over the parking lot staring at me.

I called up irate and cancelled that account on the stop. We were assuming insurance liability for the site for the season and not making a single dime to bill.. crooks.

10. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Thank you everyone for your input. I found several negative threads on here in regards to their lack of paying. You all helped me decide to pass on the contracts they offered. When I call them back today I will be sure to tell them the reason why, due to their lack of following through with payment to prior contractors.
    Thanks

11. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Last year Merit always paid 15-30 days on the cvs stores I did.

12. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I don't get it why some times they pay and other times they dont??

13. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Merit and the account reps I deal with are great. Paid on time and no hassles.

14. als06

als06 Junior Member
    from 18013

merit sure can't fill lipinskis shoes. merit is always past their 45 days. They still owe me 1700 for extra work done in july not to mention always a month or 2 behind with their monthly contract payment. My field rep quit last month. I plowed 3 cvs stores the last 2 years for them but havent heard about this year so they may have lost that contract. I'm told cvs wasn't impressed with them.

15. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

They did lose it to Ferrandino.