1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LINZ6 and Able LED by the inch

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jpar247, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Im looking to add some more light to my truck to help with side coverage. I want to put some LINZ6s in the corners between the body and bumpers and some Able LED BTI in the grill, and back window.

On this F350 the Able LEDs look a different shade of Amber then the TIR3s, can anyone confirm that they look the same in person? My OCD is so bad that I couldn't deal with 2 different shades of Amber:D. I hate when you see city truck and it has almost yellow lightbars and nice clean and bright amber LEDs

Here is the link;

2. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

There most likely will be a difference. Two different manufacturers with two different generations of leds.
  3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Look very different to me..

looks like the grille light are a shade orange compared to the light bar

Thats why i always stick to the same lights. I cant stand the different shades all mixed.

But hey im picky....
  4. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Agreed, I thought the same about the grill lights and the TIR3s up top, but then you see the side of the truck and there is an amber Able bar that matches the TIR3s on the running board. Almost makes me think the grill lights are red
  5. jpar247

jpar247 Member

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

LINZ6 and LEDs by the inch by Able 2 are completely different style and type of LEDs. The LEDs by the inch are good if thats all that will fit but there are lots of other lights that are brigter and use the newer type of LEDs.