1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Link to 2008 CTD 2500 stats

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Eronningen, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Was kinda wondering the ins and outs of my most recent purchase. Put a Boss 8'2" V with Boss wings on it. I really like the set up. Also have a couple powerstrokes and a couple gas chevys and this new dodge is my favorite by far for a few reasons.
    In detail was wondering about the posi rear end??? HP and torque #s in comparision to previous models, transmission, the gear selector on the shifter handle, and the factory exhaust brake.
    If you know something chime in.
    Thanks

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

the 6.7 cummins is rated 350 hp 650 ft lbs of torque, the rear end is a limited slip but they lock boths tires in usually. the past cummins (5.9) was rated at 325 hp and 610 tq linked to a 4sp auto (48re) with no factory e brake. the switch on the shifter is like the newer chevy's instead of moving the lever up and down to down shift you just tap the toggle down.
    the 6.7 have a totally differnt trans than than the 5.9's. hope this helps enjoy the new rig :drinkup:

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

6.7's have a 6 Speed auto. If the truck is a CC is the Aisin

4. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

It is a 6 speed, CC Aisin you lost me??

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

cc= chasis cab, the pickups have a chrysler 6 speed auto, the chasis cabs have a aisin 6 speed auto, both have a toggle on the shifter :salute:

6. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member