1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lining up holes in base angle with blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Megunticook, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm getting my butt kicked badly in trying to reattach the base angle to my older
    fisher blade. Here's a diagram of what I have:

I cannot get the holes in the base angle to line up with the holes in the blade well enough to get the pins all the way through. I have both ends done--but the three in the middle are being just impossible. I managed to get a pin through one hole in the angle and the hole in the blade, but no matter how much I pry on things, pivot, and pound on the pin I cannot get it through the other hole in the angle.

Are there any tricks to this operation? I talked to Fisher before I started, guy said be sure to have a prybar handy (I did and have used it liberally), but I'm not making a lot of headway and looks like a storm's headed our way Thursday.

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I used a come-along and spud wrench to line mine up and it went pretty smooth. Might be a little late but you should do them one at a time if possible. Good luck