1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LineX rocker panels?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KJ Cramer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Was curious if anyone has done this to an '08 Super duty and has pics. I am thinking about doing it on mine but would like to visualize it first also if anyone has a ball park price that would be great. I would like to do fender wells and up the outside of the fenders along the natural body line (2"-3" surrounding wheel wells) and then also do from just under doors up to natural body line (8"-10"up from bottom of doors) and then just right inside the doors on the painted surfaces up 6". I would like to get this done to prevent and cover some minor stone chips from stones kicking up and I don't like mud flaps. Also was thinking of getting this done and then putting some stainless rocker panels over the linex, it all depends on how it looks. I am also hoping this bites the rust in the butt before it starts in the most rust prone zones of a vehicle.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

you can go to line-x and they do that stuff but it is really expensive. give your local line-x dealer a call but when i called think they said it was like $500 to do like the bottom 6in or so of the truck basically. the front fender, doors, rear fender on both sides

3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I was going to have my last truck done (megacab dually) and to do rockers, around the front fender and the whole rear fender it was right at $1200.
    Robert

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I know I saw a guy on here a little while back that had a newer ford done. It was white and I believe he lived in alaska. but cant remember his name

5. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

Search in the picture forum for linex. I know a guy in IL did all that stuff to his chevy. Pm him and I'm sure he can give ya an idea of cost and what's involved. Think he might have had prices in the thread

6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

02DURAMAX on here had it done, I know it broke the $1k mark.

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

yeah that was him I think he almost broke 2k! but it did look nice I gotta say that

8. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I have it done to my '04. I will try to post up some pictures later. Chris

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Just saw 02DURAMAX pictures and looks great! KJ, I'm with you in wanting to get it done but $2000 is kind of high! Keep us posted.

10. UpstateDzlGuy

Here is my truck. This was the day that I picked it up. It was one of the best things that I ever did. It was something like $700. Chris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Upstatedzlguy, that is nice. Love the look, love the protection. Should be a factory option.

12. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

The most damaging rust comes from inside the panel where it is hard to wash and allows salt and moisture to sit. The line-x will help hold everything together as the metal disintegrates but can't prevent this. It will prevent the stone chips and accompanying rust and the truck should look new for much longer. I think this idea is fantastic and the look on the Ford above just works for me.

13. Pushin 2 Please

For $700.00 I would do it in a heartbeat! Time to call around and get quotes. Thanks for the pics UPstateDzlGuy, that looks great!

14. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

For 2k I prolly wont, but for 700 and to look as good as upstate, where do I sign.

15. Pushin 2 Please

Your north of me KJ, but I'm going to call around and check prices out. I'll let you know what kind of feedback I get back!

16. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Yeah p2p, you are prolly an hour to an hour 20 away from me, but pricing should still be the same, I was thinking of getting some pricing today as well, I'd like to compare, I'll drive down there for the right price.

17. UpstateDzlGuy

Thanks guys. It was the first time they had done it quite like that on the outside. There is a Line-X type material on the insides of the door. I had a guy take care of the rust and it poked back through so he used this bed liner stuff which has worked great. If you have this done make sure it is the Line-X Xtra Guard with the Kevlar as it visually looks better. I'm over two years and love it. Chris

18. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

I'm the guy from Ak. Had mine done for 499 through Armaline and the bed was 450, I didnt have the fenders done like UPSTATE. It gives the truck a whole new look and protection and value if you dicide to sell. The spray that was applied to the fender well is now peeling off the plastic so dont pay the extra money but I think it was just over spray.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  19. schmol

schmol Senior Member

IMO they should color match it with the rest of the paint, it would look cleaner. It's a cool idea but I don't like the black.

20. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

heres one pic

CIMG3298.jpg