1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LINeX Bedliner

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chcav1218, Sep 20, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

So whats the deal with linex. The dealers who sell linex say it's the best, but the dealers who sell drop in liners say linex is terrible. Is it really worth the money to go with linex? The thing I like about it is no water can get trapped underneath it and cause rust. Anybody have experience with it?

2. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I had a linex put in my 2002 F-350 when it was new. Never a problem I love it. You couldn't give me a drop in.

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

if you have doubts do both. linex it then do the drop in over it. :)
    i have rhino. no problems yet but i have seen them crack, peel, fade, over years of service.

warning. if you pick red in color it fades to pink. (happened to my buddys dually)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I had Line-X spryed in my 2001 when it was new and my 08 will have it too. Never a problem. You couldn't give me a drop in.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, LineX is great.

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

liners

payupyes linex is a excellent liner .there are two side's to the story ,i have had linex installed it's great depends on how you use your truck,once it's in it's there forever .if you are hauling heavy object's and you drop it it will tend to cause a dent in the panel ,the drop in liner with the raised rib floor will dissipate the impact the load over a larger surface ,not causing a dent .the causing rust scenario of drop in liners ,i have had several in for over 10 year's ,no rust sure some rubbed paint, but it will polish the metal .used car dealers put them in to cover existing damage it will add a $1000.00 resale value to the truck . i used to have to do it werei used to work .

7. A Man

A Man Senior Member

We put it all of our trucks. Our oldest is a 2004 dodge 3500 and it's run a salter in the back since we purchased it. Couldn't ask for a better product. We built a custom flat bed for one of our salt trucks, primed it and had it sprayed with line x. It has been performing really well, better than the ones we had galvanized. It does fad a little after a few years, but it can be patched and redone if really needed. Has anyone every had there entire or parts of there salter sprayed with it?

8. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

My '06 had it sprayed when new including up over the bed rails. I highly recommend it. It's nearly indestructible and the non-slip grip is better than Rhino.

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Linex is the best spray in, in my opinion. I have a Rhino Liner on my 99 and its not holding up very well the sun has caused it to fade. There are also several spots where a dime-quarter size piece will chunk out or peel back, this is probly due to hauling a lot of rough concrete blocks from landscaping jobs and what not.

10. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I have a line-x as well, put it in my truck when it was only a few weeks old. I knew from the beginning I would be putting a dump insert in, but had it done anyways. Brought it up over the bed rails and tailgate for about $575 out the door. One of the best things I ever did to protect my truck. I was originally up in the air over the line-x and the Rhino, but even after rhino beat the price by almost $100, when you compare the two side by side, there really is no comparison! Line-x wins hands down if you are looking for quality.

11. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

had RYNO, never again , terrible,... this stuff peals way easy .... drag a pallet out of your truck with nails sticking down, and youll find out... or a guy in the bed with a shovel/pitchfork

the line ex seems better to me... i have 2 drop ins, that they protect the bed from dents or shovels, but things slide around alot, and im worried about salt getting under the liner... i think any new trucks we get we will have line ex, then cut a custom peace of ply wood, and lay it down on the bed, to avoid all the dents, and sharp objects damage ....

12. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

have linex in my dodge 2500... dealer got it squared away for me and it was done when I picked it up new - $499. Had numerous drop in liners in other trucks - all POS's compared to linex.

13. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Just had mine done. I was on the fence for awhile, but I took the plunge and glad that I did. It looks great and withstands plenty of abuse.

14. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the line x is by far the best spray in liner it is sprayed in hot where others are sprayed in cold and they are not level in the bed... we have been using line x for years and have not had a problem yet.

the drop in plastic liners are junk they hold water underneith and totaly rust your bed if it is a over rail liner those will put a crease in the rail from rubbing over time...

go with a line x