1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lineing up plow and truck

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BKFC255, Nov 19, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

How do you guys drive up to the plow and hook up with out taking 10 tries driving up to it? I cant find a spot on my truck to line up with on the plow, most trucks if not all dont have the center line down the hood any more. Once i am lined up it only takes about a minute to hook up the cables and pins. any tricks with the sno way since it does not have any head gear.:gunsfiring:

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

when your pulling up to the plow look at the end of the blade and just try to see where center is.. i take it you took off the light bar?...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have you wife/gf stand there trying to direct you in.:D

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

haha yeah and then tell us how that went :jester:

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It will get easier in time as you do it more often but here is a little trick that I used to use.

When I got the truck lined up to the plow I put a dot of white paint on the backside of the driver's side headlight. I then got in the vehicle and placed a corresponding small round sticker on the lower part of the windshield that lined up to the white dot. This made things much easier for me to relate to where the mounting points were when driving in to the plow to attach it. If you try this let me know how it works out for you.

6. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

i will try that the dot tom, Yes I did try the wife thing i dont know why I did it, it took twice as long. and we all know it. thanks

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

GV I did actually have my gf do it the first time I hooked it up alone.....After I gave the ten minute explanation of exatcly what was supposed ot happen lol.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Try putting a cement or wood block beside the front drivers tire. You can then pull up beside it next time and you should be very close. I can just drive up to mine and get close but that's after ALOT of years of having a Sno-Way. xysport

9. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I know of a very inexpensive wireless back up camera that guys use to line up their plows. It has a magnet on the camera base. You just stick it to your hood and carry the monitor in to the truck and wa la your hooked up. Works great. You can also then use it as a back up camera when your done.

PM me and I will give you the info.

10. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I keep the blade on dollies and just drive up close and wiggle the plow in place by hand.

11. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

If it takes you more than three tries to line up, getting out and looking after each try, I would love to see you try and plow snow.......Would you even know where the plow is on the front of your truck..

12. SnowFlakeChaser

SnowFlakeChaser Junior Member

I just pull up to the plow and either crash into it and hope I'm centered, or stop a few inches short of it and jump out to see if I'm close. If I'm off a few inches I cut the wheel and then pull in, Never had a problem.

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I use the threaded rod on bottom of drivers side light and line up with the 35mph slash on speedo, seems to work for my, since this ios my first snoway it was tough for a while.

14. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Well I was use to the ram on my fisher being in the center and line it up with the centerline of my hood on my old truck. it will take time i know to find that sweet spot but i have gotten better. By the way BNC thanks for the stuipd comments some people just don't grow up.