1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lined Up, Ready For Battle!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMBertog, Nov 16, 2010.

1. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Everyone

Thought I would share another pic with you all. As I have said before, the mechanics have been working awfully hard to get all our equipment ready for the winter.

The salt bin is 75% full as of yesterday (not sure of how many tons, but I am told it is enough to get us through 8 events). All the salters are mounted on the tailgates of the dump trucks and the dump trucks that have plows will get them mounted next week.

85% of our pickups have their plows mounted (front blade and Daniel's pull plow).

Most of the loaders/skid steer tractors that we leave "on site" have been delivered to their appropriate locations as well.

Here are some of the pickups that are all ready!

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Looks impressive Keith, that is a lot of work I'm sure. How many Daniels do you have? Pics please!
  3. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Very impressive fleet. Good luck this winter :drinkup:
  4. KMBertog

It is a lot of work, yes. The guys in the shop have been busting their butts to get everything done before Thanksgiving next week.

I will get a picture sometime either this week or next of the backs of the trucks with the Daniels blades on the back.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I'm just drooling over the salt shed!... and the fleet is impressive also!
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

and that website is killer.
  7. KMBertog

Thanks Mick!

I will get around to posting more stuff once we begin to park the salt trucks inside the building all loaded and ready to go.

8. KMBertog

Thanks MileHigh!

We recently overhauled our marketing/advertising campaign, and the website was part of that as well.

We have a Facebook page as well, if you are on there at all. I am actually the person who updates our facebook account with information, photos, etc.

Feel free to follow us! Bertog Landscape Company

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm just making a point based on how your posts look....do you type your name and biz website after each post? If so, go to "User CP" at the top of the page and then "Edit Signature" on the left side of page. It will show up on each post thereafter so you don't have to type it everytime! If you've already done this, sorry! :waving:

that's one hell of a fleet though! With lots of trucks comes lots of work associated with them i'm sure!!
  10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Do you guys repaint the moldboards annually? Hard to find any decent sized outfits out there that wouldn't rather just buy new once the old ones rust out as opposed to just taking care of the plows in the first place.
  11. KMBertog

Thanks MCW. I have tinkered around with the signature stuff but I have been a little too lazy to get into it, lol.

Thanks for the kudos on the fleet! :waving:

12. KMBertog

The plows and daniels back blades that are in the worst shape are sandblasted/repaired and painted each fall. The mechanics rotate through the equipment and repair/paint as needed.

All of the loaders/skidsteers we leave "on site" for the winter have their plows painted each year no matter what shape they're in. We want those looking the best all the time.

BTW, did you ever hear back from Bob? You can PM me if you want.

13. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

wow keith looks great. Is that your jeep in the aviatar? what do you plow with that?
  14. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Real nice stuff there!
  15. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Very impressive good luck to you

the site is amazing great work
  16. KMBertog

Thanks snorider!

Yes, that's my jeep. We mostly do commercial snow in the winter, but we do have a couple of residential accounts to plow as well. I am in charge of one very large residential account when the snow starts flying.

Once I am done there, I check on a townhome community that we plow and help them if they are behind at all.

After that, I head back to the office and jump in a salt truck and start salting accounts where we are all done plowing. When all the company snow stuff is done I go plow the drive at my dad's place in my jeep and plow another residential account that I do on the side.

Good luck this winter!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  17. C&T Landscaping

C&T Landscaping Member

The 2 trucks on the right are FORD...but are the F-150's or F-250 Light Duty? They just look real small.
  18. KMBertog

They are F150 trucks. Bought them cheap with the plows at an auction. They were previously trucks belonging to one of the villages around here. We have had them for a few years now.
  19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just goes to show that you don't need brand new equipment every year to make money! Keeping your equipment maintained goes a long way! Best to you this season!
  20. KMBertog

Well said Plowguy! Best of luck to you as well!