1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Line-Xing Rocker Panels

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by born2farm, Aug 28, 2010.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Does anybody have any pictures of a red truck preferably that has had the rocker panels and fender flares line x'ed? I am looking at doing this to the truck I just bought and would like an idea of how it will look before I spend the money.

2. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I have it done to my truck love it! I'll post pics of it in a little

3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Heres my linex rockers trucks not red but you get the picture with how it will look.

100_0027.jpg

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I can't wait to do that to my F350. Looks great.

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

That's an awesome truck man! What year is it?

6. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thanks! The truck is a 2005.

7. born2farm

That looks pretty sweet. Nice truck too. Maybe someone ill chime in with a red truck.

8. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

9. born2farm

that red dually makes me wanna do my truck even more...hopefully when the money is there ill get it done...thanks guys

10. Jpeg Lawn

Jpeg Lawn Junior Member

just got my truck done not red either but you get the point.

0822101638.jpg

11. DeereFarmer

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

12. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

i did it myself with herculiner. i did the bed, bed rails and rockers. i bought an additional pint sized can for touch up. look's wicked pissa.

13. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i wanna do mine before this winter, i have a crew cab long bed 350 srw, inside door panels as well with the anti fade mix they wanted something like 1700 bucks. wanted to know if thats in line with what others have paid

14. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

What happens when it starts to rust form the inside out? Anyone have a problem with this yet? Thats the only thing that scares me about doing this. Looks awesome and those are some nice trucks guys

15. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

does any one have pics of what it looks like after going threw some mudd and washing it off? does it stay in the rough surface, i seen a truck that they did this to and they went on some logging roads and the dust stuck right to it and it looked like crap

16. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

My same dilemma. IMO it is cosmetic.

17. DeereFarmer

I'd be interested in that too.

18. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Ive never had that problem. If there is dirt or dust it will wash away with just a hose

19. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Everything is going to rust at some point. My truck is a 2005 and ive had it on the truck since i got it and have never had any problems with it and have no rust on my truck. Like with anything i think it comes down to if you take care of it or not

20. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I understand everything rust. I think it will be really hard to work with when you have to cut the rockers out to replace them and they are covered in spray on liner. Just my 2 cents. Not bashing anything. Love the look it just seems like a big problem down the road.