1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

line x'd snow plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bsrservices1, Nov 18, 2015.

1. bsrservices1

bsrservices1 Junior Member

Ive read some previous post about people wanting to line x or rhino line their plows, but I haven't seen any posts on how the performance was. Im also looking to line x my plow but don't know if I should. Hopefully someone can chime in and let me know how their experience went.

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Never seen/heard of it. I wouldn't do it myself. It would increase the weight for sure, and likely make the snow stick.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Agreed. It will also peel off. I had my bed line-x'd two years ago with their "ultimate finish" or whatever they call it. Supposedly it won't scratch and the finish will always look new. The finish in the bed still looks new, but the hooks where I strap my spreader in the bed have peeled off.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

wouldnt even recommend it.
    as said, weight and the snow would actually stick to it instead of sliding off.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Absolutely possible but its complicated. The Line-x they sell for bedliners is only one of a multitude of products line-x can apply. We have had out dump trucks sprayed with a heavier duty product (approx. 100 times more wear resistant then the bedliner product) and it has never chipped, worn etc. Whether the cost is worth it is really the main drawback.

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I wouldn't. Wash it off now and then, and put it to bed for the summer with a can of fluid film.

7. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We were thinking about doing this with our spreader. The inside hopper and the bottom rail is where most of the salt ends up (with our spreader anyway) and that's where we were going to apply it. We just got done with restoring the spreader, sprayed it all with POR-15 then finished with rustoleum.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This........