1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Line-x on a plow frame?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blakerugg, Feb 2, 2010.

1. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

Anyone done it? Does it sound doable? Think line-x would do it?? I wanna see pics if anyone has it done please lol

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Done it. It lasted longer than normal paint, but it still peeled:gunsfiring:

3. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

my uncle did it to his fisher v plow. Everything was taken apart, sandblasted then line-exd even the mold board. After a year the line x on the mold board came right off in one big chuck. but the back of the plow and the frame and even the chain all look great and that was 6 yrs ago. the plow is in the range of about 10 years old now.

4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

Doesn't it come with a lifetime warranty against peeling, chipping, cracking, etc?

5. doubleedge

doubleedge Member
    from ND

Does that apply to a plow? It is probably only for a truck box.

6. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

Good point. Maybe not the moldboard though. Seeing as it's kind of an extreme application. I don't see why it wouldn't be covered on the frame though.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

A buddy has 3 plows that they Rhino Lined they look good it's been a few years.