1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Line of sight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IDOCTORTREES, Dec 2, 2007.

1. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Just thought I would pass on a story I was told about A snow removal co. that had placed snow at the corner of a lot ,(as they did for years past) A car wreck one day so blame the plow guy.:gunsfiring: hes not there?? not snowing??? Had placed pile in bad spot blocked line of site for driver He lost in court had to pay big$$$$$ :mad:So thought i would pass it on .Snow was on property-wreck on public street???? So now one of the first things I look at when bidding lot or drive is LINE OF SIGHT:salute:

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I think I would be appealing that real quick. I don't see how they could hold him responsible. I would love to hear the law on this and the ruling by the judge.

3. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

They said he made the hadzard when he placed the pile there/??

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Like you said it was privage property. How can they just hold him responsible. What happens if the city makes a pile and you can't see around it. You have an accident because of it, you think the city will be held responsible. Not they have an out cause they are part of the city government.

They were doing road construction here and left the manhole cover off, I didn't see it until the last minute, went over the hole, ran over the lid and damage my truck.The city was not held liable for it. Go figure. I forget the law the quoted me.

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

things happen.....i kid got hit once because my trailer was blocking the view of the driver..... never got in any trouble, just was asked to move the trailer........if i was that snow plower i would get a better lawyer and the driver needs to step up and take responsibility for his driving.