1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Limpin Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NICHOLS LANDSCA, Dec 21, 2008.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Was out all day yesterday movin the white stuff, went to get some coffee this morning and I have a check engine light. The Edge says it's MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE the otherthing is there is NO boost pressure reading on the Edge. So I assume that sensor is the boost sensor and since it isn't working it is limping the truck, you can only go 20 mph. The snow was really fluffy and now it's -8F outside do you think if I pull her into the garage the sensor might thaw out? I pulled it in already just wondering what you think B@B?

She's all fixed,maybe pulled the MAP sensor. It had ice on it thawed it out and put it back in seems to be ok.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

There is a new TSB for snow build up in the air box.
  4. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I was going to comment on maybe something with the Edge chip, like maybe it was screwing with your engine, but by the looks of your fleet, I have a feeling you know your diesels pretty well.

I hope it all worked out for you and you didn't lose too much down time. I love this business, but the abuse on our trucks makes me want to pull my hair out!! LOL
  5. pusher21

pusher21 Member

they changed the tsb again. now all you do is add a 1.5 inch by 3/8 inch piece of pipe to the map sensorto keep ot from building up on the sensor. I just did one on monday at work and the tsb was different then it was on friday
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

The truck went into a limp mode becuase of a probelm. Did you shut truck off to clear code? I would bring it back to dealer and have them look at it.

I was able to clear the code with the Edge Programer. My wife has plowed with it twice now without a problem.
  8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

So who drives the man's truck? (06 Dodge)