1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

limited

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by nicks_xj, Nov 23, 2010.

1. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

why is there so few plows made to fit cherokees ?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They stopped making cherokees the years ago. most of the maufacturers have changed mount systems since then and never designed a new system mount for a vehicle no longer in production

3. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

A decent fabricator can adapt an existing mount to fit on a Cherokee. It might even be for about as much as you would pay for a new mount. If you are interested in putting a plow on a Cherokee, I wouldn't let the absense of a "proper" plow mount deter you. Buy a plow made for an S10 or other similar light duty rig and have a mount fabbed up for your rig.

4. whitelite

whitelite Member

X2 That's what I did :)

5. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

i dont know how to weld so ill have to find someone that can weld good
    becuse i can get a great deal on a snow dogg but need a mount made for it

6. jeepxjplow

jeepxjplow Junior Member
    from Ohio

A Snow Dogg mount for another Jeep may not need to much fabrication to fit on your XJ

7. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

i cant find any pics of mounts on the snowdogg site to see which one is kinda close

8. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

See Tech Support area

Look in Service manuals area from SnowDogg Tech Support selection (SnowDogg Mount Manuals are half way down, Jeeps are towards bottom)

Just picked up my MD68 mounted to a 2000 Wrangler. Let it snow!

9. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

hey tsut you wouldnt by any chance know how long the center cross section of the mount is would you
    good luck with your dogg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  10. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Wrangler Mount

SnowDogg mount on Wrangler is 33" flange-flange of push-bar.
    Good luck!

11. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

sweet thanks i think i can make my meyer mount work with the snow dogg push bar

12. PlowingUpward

PlowingUpward Junior Member

Sno way used to make plows for cherokee and you can still get the mount from sno way you just have to buy an used sno way plow to fit the older 3 pin mounting style, good luck!!!