1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Budget?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BEER TIME, Sep 29, 2011.

1. BEER TIME

BEER TIME Member

Im looking into 2 things for my 2000 f250 cant decide what to do first or whats more important.
    1st is a scan gauge so i can watch tranny temps ect.
    2nd timbrens for the front end it sags around 1 inch
    i need this truck to last for a long time so any help is great thanks

2. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

A transmission costs a lot more to repair/replace than the front end and generally 1 bad thing happening to the front end won't completely destroy it, while 1 bad thing happening to a transmission CAN destroy that. I would invest in the gauge. You could get a pillar mount pod and a tranny temp gauge for pretty cheap though. My gauge was $50 or so I think.

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Our 03 has a trans temp guage built right into the cluster, I wonder if you could just install a cluster from a newer truck. I bet the computer already gets the trans temp input and maybe the wiring is already there. I dont know though. Good Luck.

4. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

X3 on temp gauge. Unless you are having problems with truck bottoming out 1 inch sag isn't concerning. And as Andy96XLT points out - gauge not expensive, timbrens will be around 2 bills.

5. BEER TIME

BEER TIME Member

would you guys just put a tranny temp gauge or get the actual scan gauge to check out other things

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Just get a good trans temp gauge and a pod for it. Best way to go.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have an 02 and never had a tranny heating problem and less then an inch sag with a Boss v plow. These trucks don't sag like the Chevy's do.