1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Like new 7'6" western unimount/98 1/2 gmc

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by goin broke09, Jul 15, 2009.

1. goin broke09

goin broke09 Junior Member
    from NW PA

I'm looking at a real clean looking 7'6" unimount on a 97 chevy, decals and all look nice and no rust or visible leaks. paint a little faded. Is this a good plow to buy for $2000 considering they don't make this model anymore and haven't for, what, 10 or more yrs.?
    If I buy, it will go on my 98 GMC xcab with 5.7 and the daytime H/Lamps, and push button 4x4. Mostly my small parking lot(100x50) and maybe a few neighbors.
    Is this model real easy to hook up to for one person, or is it a Pain In The A** compared to the Ultra mount?

Appreciate any helpful comments.
    robbie

2. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

go for it they are great plows

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

good plow.

weak truck.

4. goin broke09

goin broke09 Junior Member
    from NW PA

Thanks for the replies.
    After seeing the plow in person verus photos, I found quite a bit of rust UNDER the paint & decals, mostly on the back side, and also a bit of rust on the upper part of the main pump ram. It also seems to need help to get the main ram all the way down the last 2 or 3 inches, after plow blade hits ground. Is that something to be very concerned about and can that be helped?
    Did get the price down to $1600 tho.

5. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

i've had that problem many times on older fisher / western plows and they still work great i wouldn't worry to much about it.