1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lihgt Bar on Topper

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DStrabb, May 16, 2011.

1. DStrabb

DStrabb Member
    from MI

Have any of you installed your light bars on a fiberglass topper. What did you use to keep it water proof. I dont know if I am totally in love with the idea of drilling holes in my topper. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Did it a while back with a 22" bar, no issues with it at all. I used rubber grommets on top, sealed the wire hole with silicone, and fender washers on the underside. It was on the topper for 5 years with no issues.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would do what wizardsr said. Its easy, just you have to get yourself to drill holes in stuff.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Make sure when your drilling your using slow speed and don't put very hard pressure on it. That will keep down on the cracking and/or splintering of the fiberglass. Let the bit do it's work. Just my 2 cents worth but should look/work nice once it's done.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nicely said Steve. I will add that that goes for any type of drilling and on any type or material you happen to be drilling.