1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liguid sprayers for vboxes

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DirtyJerzey, Jan 3, 2009.

1. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

My spreader comes set up for liquid pre-applications. All I need to get is the liquid tanks from swenson and it is setup to spray the liquid right into the chute just before it hits the spinner. Been talking it over with a few people and wondering if it is worth buying the liquid system for it. Can you guys give me some input on benefits and if you feel it is worth spending the money?
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

ummm, is it worth spending the money... i often question that myself

but on those cold 5 degree days, were you have to put down a crap load of salt, and it doesnt seem to work

if your prewetting with cal, it works on those cold days, and you can tell the difference between the neihbors property and mine . so its kinda worth it

Im not saying your gonna make money on the deal , but if your property looks better than his...If you dont have to put down as much bulk, or if your like me , and jsut liek to see your lots lean quickly ... the prewet is a good option
  3. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

where do you get liquid cal. from though. I havent seen any salt suppliers selling drums of cal. or is this basically like making your own brine solution?