1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

First I want to say I am a proud owner of a new 8ft Snow Dogg Ex. Beautiful plow, just kinda stinks it has to sit stuffed away in the garage for a few more months, lol.

But to my only complaint. When I picked my truck up after the install, the lights are crazy high. They were right in my line of vision and made it a pain to drive. I saw where you could lower them and I did, but didnt make much of a difference. I measured the height of the lights, and they are 56" mounted to the truck. The front of the hood is at 46".
    So there is still 10" of lights sticking up. Is there anything else I can do to lower these things or a light bracket that is shorter?? Or am I just stuck with looking at the back of the lights all winter?? The truck I am talking about is in my sig, the 2000 Silverado. Thanks in advance for any help

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Cool, you know we wanna see pictures?

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Boy, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Dealers have been asking us to make the lights higher ever since we released the plow...

PM me with any questions or ask your dealer - we'll take care of you one way or another. I've never heard this complaint before - so I'm hoping it's a matter of adjusting the height.

Scott

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I can understand that since 90% of the new trucks have quite big hoods, tall grills and bumpers so you would need taller lights. But I dont have that since mine is the regular 2500, so the front end really is no different than a 1500. When I have some time, I will try to stop by Eshelman's where I got it. Just want to get this all squared away before it gets cold and time to use it. I think some shorter brackets would do the trick. I know you want them to stick up some above the hood so the light will be visible while carrying the plow. I will have to get some pics of how high they are with it connected to the truck

The pics will be coming soon Brad.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Got my new brackets today. Made a heck of a difference on the plow. Now I will be all ready to go.

Scott it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Kudos to you and Buyers for being right on top of things and delivering this level of service. I am very very pleased with my decision on the Dogg now and as I add trucks, there will be Snow Doggs on the front of them. Thank you so much again!!!:waving:

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Glad I could help. It's always useful to get direct feedback.

Scott

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Tom, I got this problem on one of my trucks. The headlight is right in front of you, big and square.
    Its on a 2000 Chevy, the plow came with the truck when I got it a few years back.

8. Corman

Corman Member

I wish there were higher. Makes driving down those dark streets a lot easier.
    Hopefully a adapter can be released for them

9. Corman

Corman Member

bought another snow dogg , 7.5 footer. Added a bracket to the lights to raise them up, now they clear the top of the plow when its being driven in the full up postion, no more glare coming off the steel. Hell, I even got a new snow dogg hat, gotta love it:)

10. F150dash

F150dash Member

So are the lights on the MD75 still that low? I am setting up my install appt tommrow for my brand new MD75. Hopefully have it on before the middle of the month. We usually get snow here on or around Remembrance Day.