1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BlueRam2500, Feb 1, 2007.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

First time out at night with the new blade and the lights are dim as anything. Anyone install brighter bulbs on their plows? I would appreciate any suggestions you have.

Plow is an '06 Ultramount.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the new style Night hawk light's or the older sealed beam one's?

3. shelby6923

shelby6923 Junior Member

Check the ground from the lights. It is possible that either they aren't grounded or have a poor ground. Happened on mine with the old sealed beam style.

4. BlueRam2500

I have the old style lights.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The old style light's never were too great to begin with and most guy's complained about them for years until the Night hawk's came out. When you actually look at the light do they look dim? Or are they bright but the light output just isn't good? If your just not happy with the light output and your sure their are no grounding issue's, I'd highly recommend installing a pair of Silverstar replacement sealed beam's.They will make a big difference.

6. BlueRam2500

B&B thanks for your reply. The lights seem to be at full steam, but I guess I am used to the Silverstars (have them in my headlights/foglights) being so much brighter. I will have to buy a set for the plow as well. Thanks!!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea, your probably just used to your Silverstar's. I've always used some type of aftermarket head light's in all of my vehicle's and when I drive somebody else's vehicle at night I wonder how they can see where their going! A good set of light's will spoil you real quick. :D

8. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Sounds good, what size silverstars go in the ultramount, Ive a similar style, 2003 or so.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look for the number H4666 on the box at the parts store(which is also a 2E1 style lamp).

10. somm

somm Senior Member

always mount additional (4) utility lights or two KC spots at least (or both like we do).

wtf happens if the power goes out in the neighborhood you're plowing????

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007