1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights??

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by RowePM, Dec 9, 2013.

1. RowePM

RowePM Junior Member

I have a 2010 F350 with a sno pro 3000 on it. when I plug the head light adapters into the plow harness and plug my trucks lights in, the lights come on for a few minutes and then shut off. Doesn't matter if I have the plow hooked up, if the adapters are plugged in I have no truck head lights. I bought another set of adapters and still have the same problem. Every time they call for snow I have to remove the lights and install the adapters. big PITA! any ideas on whats causing this?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

it is over loading the trucks control module (on a dodge its called a front control module). Hard wire the lights with relays. MY curtis burnt up 2 or 3 front control modules at over $400 each before I made my own wiring harness with relays.

3. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

Does anyone have a diagram on how to wire the lights with relays? I have a 2012 F250 I am installing an old 3000 on and would rather not risk blowing anything expensive on my truck!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If no one chimes in, I can draw one up

5. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

That would be great Thanks!

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Going to ask, only b/c I don't know. Is your headlights positive or negative switched

7. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

They are positive switched its an 2012 F250...Thanks again I really appreciate it!