1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by MikeHD, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MikeHD

MikeHD Junior Member
    from ct

Hi. Just picked up a fisher 8` HD series plow for my 1500HD. It came off a 3500, but the lights are busted. Any suggestions on less expensive lights? also any thoughts or complaints against this setup? Not looking to run a business, less than a handful of family driveways and just don't wanna shovel anymore. Was also considering going with a smaller blade next season, is that possible?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

An 8' hd on a 1500. Hummm. What lights are on it. The big 2 post ones or the older rectangular ones?
  3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

if its the 1500hd then its almost a 2500 i think. if its the older rectangular ones i think i can get u a brand new set for $70+ shipping but you would need to splice into the plug.
  4. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

try ebay generic lights
  5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

What do you mean by 'busted'? Are they just not working? Or is the plastic housing smashed? Maybe changing the bulbs and/or rewiring it would be sufficient.
  6. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Our local auto parts stores stock generic plow lights, they run $80-$90 depending on what style you want. I just picked up a used set of the smaller Western lights from a junkyard for 50... just my 2 cents..