1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights wont work, keep blowing fuses

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by monislawnsnow, Feb 22, 2013.

1. monislawnsnow

monislawnsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

Here is my problem. When I plug the light wiring harness from the plow lights into the harness mounted on the truck, i blow one of the 2 10 amp inline fuses. There are 2 10 amp fuses in this part of the harness. I was plowing one day and the lights went out like a fuse was blown. I've checked every in-line fuse and every fuse on the truck. I've ran the entire wiring harness and there is not a single bare wire that is grounding out. This is on a 3yr old MVP. I called the dealer and they didnt have the slightest clue as to what to do about this. After checking everything possible, I dont know which way to turn. The only thing I can think of is it might be the module box that all 3 wiring harnesses plug into. I dont know if it could possibly fry something inside it or not. The plow works perfectly fine I just cant get the lights to come on at all. Any help is appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

which fuse are you blowing,,,f1 or f2 that will narrow it dwn to which side is causing the issuse