1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights Will Not Stay Up...

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ClaytonR, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ClaytonR

ClaytonR Member

Hi all!!

i have a problem with my new BOSS headlights...i set them up at the right level so i can see what i am doing but by the time i have gone a mile down the road they are looking strait down again...i get them as tight as i can at the right hight but it never fails...they are lighting up the groud 2 foot in front of my plow....

HELP!!

Any Ideas?? :cry:

2. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

There may be better solutions, but often a thin rubber or neoprene washer between the light bracket and the standard it is mounted on will create sufficient friction to keep it snug when everything is appropriately tightened.

3. ClaytonR

ClaytonR Member

it is..

it is a super dumb design...there is no way to get it tight and keep it from looking at the ground after some use...

if there was a way to put something infront of the screw to keep the light up it would stay better...the light is way frontheavy...

:cool:

4. S.O.D.

S.O.D. Junior Member

I have the same problem with my Boss plow.It really sucks.I took it to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong with it. :mad:

5. ClaytonR

ClaytonR Member

ok....

ok...i went out and got rubber grommets...i got 8...they come in packs of 3...how nice huh? get the ones that are the same diameter as the metal holder thingy...

i put two per screw...there are 4 screws...i put them at the top and the stock metal washer thingy at the bottom...the reason is if the metal washer thingy is not there then when you snug them up the grommits could go through the hole...so i set the lights to where i wanted them and tightened it all up...it works sofar...the trip home did not have my lights moving down at all...

we are getting MAJOR snow here in the philly area tomorrow...so it will be the test...but it looks hopeful sofar... purplebou

thanks MMWB :drinkup: