1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights to salt by...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by norrod, Dec 27, 2004.

1. norrod

norrod Senior Member

Knowing I needed more light, and then seeing Grn Mtn's setup, I finally got mine installed on Christmas Eve.

I added two Reverse lights below the bumber, and the utility lights on to the spreader.

Finally got to test them 4:00am today. Worked great.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They should work well. That is what we use on our big salters. It is really hard to see salt coming out. We usually listen for it hitting something as we are driving around.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good Norrod

Looking good Norrod, did you use solenoids or just fuses? What about your switches, show more picts :bluebounc
  4. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I ran a new fused circuit through this blue (illuminated) switch.

The amber switch is just used as a warning lamp to indicate that the plow and speader controller are live, as controlled by the master switch down by the drivers left knee.

5. wls

wls Senior Member

Thats what I did also