1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights to low?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rob_cook2001, Nov 21, 2009.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

We just had a boss 8'6 put on my brothers 09 f-350 and the lights are 3-5 inches to low. With the plow up you cant see a thing. Has anyone else had this problem?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Normal due to the excellent lifting height they have. You can make a few brackets to raise the light cross bar a little but they look less than clean that way.

Most simply lower the blade slightly during transport and be happy they have to. :D
  3. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Check to make sure you've got your light bar mounted in it's highest position. There are two mounting positions - I had to move mine. Also had to adjust the light housings themselves. Still have to drop the plow about 3" to see anything - was thinking about adding fog lights so I could illuminate from under the plow instead of trying to go over it.
  4. redplowman

redplowman Member

Plow lights

I don't know if it's just me but I have never been impressed with Boss plow lights. They just don't seem to project much light. I had better luck with older plow lights from the 70's and 80's.
  5. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

^ you probably had better eyesight in the 70's and 80's. :dizzy:

6. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

i have the same issue. is there anyway to adjust the lights?
    when mine squats i get ground lights. i'd like to pitch them up a lil
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

You do not have the same issue... his is, the plow BLOCKS the lights when he raises the plow ALL the way up.

YOUR issue is adjusting the aim of the lights. (at least that how you wrote it)

yes you can adjust the lights. Loosen the bolt that holds the light pod onto the plow frame, adj the lights as needed and tighten the bolts. (as you tighten the bolts the lights will probably re-aim)