1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lights stuck on

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nmiplowin, Feb 1, 2011.

1. nmiplowin

nmiplowin Junior Member

7'6" unimount on 2002 gmc 2500hd.
    I havent had one issue with this plow until now. Just today, I noticed my plow headlights were on. This was a couple hours after I parked it. So I unpluged the bumper plug. I messed with some other stuff in the yard for about 15 minutes. Before I went in, I wanted to see if the headlights would come back on.
    So I pluged the plow light/control harness back in and lights are off. Cool. Took my tools to the shop and came back, light are ON again... This has me stumped. I can see a bad relay and the lights now working...but what would make them stay on continuously?? What should I start checking?
    The truck lights function correctly with the plow lights unhooked. I multimetered the harness pug for voltage to see what pins are hot, but got nothing on any of the pins.. Im confused.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

It is probably a bad relay. If the vehicle light switch is turned off then the relays are the only possibility asside from a short in the wires.