1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights stay on?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MahonLawnCare, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I just picked up a new to me truck and it has a Meyer with the E47 on it. Well I went out to start it this a.m. and the battery was dead. I slapped a new battery in it and it started but when I turned my headlights off inside the truck the sabers stayed on! I know this caused my battery to drain. Wth?? Any similar experiences?

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Bad switch for the plow lights? Just guessing

3. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

What style Meyer is it? I know of someone that upgraded to Saber lights from their original but the Harness wasn't the same so he had a separate switch to operate them.

4. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

You might want to double check the wiring for the plow lights and make sure it is correct. One quick check is to make sure the power wire going to the switch for the plow lights is connected to 12V ignition source.