1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lights question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fiftycav, Feb 18, 2003.

1. fiftycav

fiftycav Junior Member

Hey guys,

Had a positive past two and a half days of plowing here in central jersey with thankfully, no problems. I was out this evening doing one more last minute job and just as I was heading out to the destination I notice my passanger side plow light is very dim. I check the connection, and wiggle it a bit and it gets dimmer, it would shut off then come back on or even both would go out as I would wiggle it. Meanwhile in the cab, I notice that the high beam indicator is on but not at the same brightness it usually would be even though my actual high beams were not on. The indicator would remain on when my truck lights were on, with or without my plow lights and go off when they were shut off. It would remain on if I had just plow lights on and no truck lights.

1999 GMC yukon 1500 with day running lights
    Meyer 7.6 with e-60 pump 1.5 years old.
    Any ideas? Thanks
  2. Mac

Mac Member

been there done that

the light that is dim has a bad ground

use and ohm meter to check it out

i'm 100 % sure of this

because of the poor ground the dims draw ground from the high beam circuit. this cause a small curent which turns the high beam light on dimly. just replace or fix the ground and all should be good.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2003
  3. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Same here. Bad ground connection. Jake.
  4. nicksb2

nicksb2 Junior Member

Just be sure to remove the power from the component being ohm tested, or else you'll blow the meter!