1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights on the Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EGLC, Oct 21, 2009.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Lights installed on the chevy! Just need to finish water proofing some stuff.

:D who's strobe kit could this be??????
  2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

3. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Dumb question....does the PRO RACK come off? like is it a sticker? or paint
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

is this the truck that you just mentioned in the strobe light thread that you had someone install the lights on? ussmileyflag

Pics worthless without nighttime video of them on :gunsfiring:
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, but why did you put two sets of strobes in the front, You are going to be blinded and sick after 10 seconds of them flashing off your blade. I have one set up front just if I needed them for something, but I never run them when I am plowing. Looks good. Lets see some night time Pics. I just added another set of amber to my back rack since I had 2 extra sockets on my 90 watt system not being used. I got some whelen 500. They are tucked in each upper corner of the pro rack.I will post some pics of nighttime.
  6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

These aren't just for plowing and yes this is the truck I was talking about.

I think "pro rack" is a sticker??? Never messed with it.
  7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Are those tir3s or lin3 on the side? The mounting position kills it really. The toolbox I think would of been a better location for those.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks i'm wanting a back rack or pro rack but dont want it to say anything it just doesnt go with my truck
  9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

They're tir3s and theyr actually really bright there, I might add a set of clears on the tool box....
  10. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

On the back racks it's a sticker. I peeled mine off and it looks better. Nice setup you got there, i like the taillights with built in reverse lights.
  11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I actually took out the reverse light and replaced with a strobe.
  12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Lights & backrack look great.
  13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Got any pics of them on??
  14. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I don't understand why anyone makes front facing strobe/led lights a priority at all on a plow vehicle, it's not like you need people to move out of your way. :confused:

Through the limited plowing I have done, I am mostly concerned with the extreme rear and front sides of the vehicle (backing out of a driveway, or pulling out forward perpendicular to the street), headlights are all I ever needed on the front. A 360* light works well to shine on trees/snow "around" corners to let motorists that cannot directly see you know that you are not far away.

The tir3's are VERY directional (they are really only bright dead-on). If you move those to the tool box, consider lin3's for that angled up location. They should blend in nicely with the tool box. :nod:
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Why did you go with the pop in style strobe? From what I've heard the pop in style with a 90 watt style power supply will melt the gromets on those strobes.
  16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

WOW some of you guys really fail to read.....this is NOT JUST for plowing. And yah I might get lin3s for the backrack. I realise the tir3s are directional but even with a slight upwards angle they are still VERY bright.
  17. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I have 90 watters with the rubber gromets and this will be my 3rd season with them and have had no issues with them melting......at least not yet!!!
  18. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! Need some night time shots and a video!
  19. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

sweet truck..

need night time pics or vid
  20. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

night time video!