1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights on Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PremierLand, Feb 22, 2007.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Where can I get some swivvle lights to put on my undertailgate salter? And which ones work the best. I have one 10gauge wire running back there with a 30amp fuse and I also have another 10 gauge wire running back there with a 50amp circuit breaker, so which switch would work best? I am thinking the one with the 30amp fuse, since the 50amp circuit breaker might be too much power. Thanks

2. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

If u need them in a hury TSC @ 26 mile n Gratiot has a decent selection. Also AW Direct Towing has a ton of lights www.awdirect.com Other than that most snow plow dealers have them, but are up in price
    I'd use the 30 amp line if not being use for anything else, will be more than enough power..
    What spreader did u end up going with? Went by your shop today, but u where not around.
    Maybe I'll stop in some time check out your new spreader.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I got Hella rubber tractor amps from Ebay. Paid 14 shipped. Arrived promptly.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just picked up a set of Driving lights (floods) from pepboys and mounted them up. I think they were around $35. I was afraid of bulbs blowing with the vibrator. So far no problems.

5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I bought some driving lights from wally mart for $20. They were a waste of money, cheap plastic and they weren't sealed. Sealed tractor lights are way better IMO.