1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights on plow not right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fordmstng66, Nov 20, 2008.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I just finished my plow install. I Converted my unimount to work on my 07 Silverado (NBS). Everything works good, but the Passenger light is bright, seems like sometimes it turns on and off, and my Drivers side light is very dim. I have done searches, and found grounds to be an issue. So i cleaned all my grounds from lights to plow motor, and also the ground inside the lights, but still have the same problem. I have the 3 port Module.

2. fordmstng66

anyone have ideas on the problem?

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Slightly broke wire...From rubbing ???

4. fordmstng66

thanks for replying. All of the electrical is new, only been on truck for a week now. I am thinking it has to do with the way the harness is plugged into the lights, but just looking for some more possible ideas.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the light problem on the truck...or plow?

Your using the correct headlight plug in harness? Should be p/n 29499 for the 3 port Iso.

Have them plugged into the truck harness for negative common configuration correct?

6. fordmstng66

the problem is on the plow side, i am using the 29400-2 truck side harness, that is what i was told to use (CPW) it is a 2007 NBS I will look back at the cnfiguration when i plug into the lights. Today the drl's were not working at all, but when i manually turned on the lights, they would work.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

29400 is just the KIT p/n that includes the 11 pin harness, adapter, and the actual 29499 light plug in harness so your good there.

8. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

Did you ever have it working right on this truck?
    If so, have you checked the headlight fuses?
    If not have you gone back and checked to make sure you have all the connections right?
    Made sure the connections were good?

9. fordmstng66

I went back throught it today, and i have figured it out. Thankyou everyone for helping. I had the connectors on wrong. I took the front apart, and looked at everything, and my configuration was just wrong :realmad:

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That'll do it everytime and is why I asked.

Congrats on the fix. :drinkup:

11. fordmstng66

Thanks again, i did have a few after i fixed it, while i watched the Browns blow another game...:drinkup::drinkup: