1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights on or off??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MsQueen, Dec 4, 2003.

1. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

Is this right, when the plow is attached I must hit my high beams for the plow lights to go on. Otherwise I have no major lights.
  2. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

No, It's not right. Check your connectors. disconnect, reconnect and wiggle and jiggle them. If that doesn't work. check the relays and grounds.

Good luck and happy plowing this weekend. 'da snow's coming this way!
  3. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

Could it have been that I attached the harness while my regular headlights were on?
  4. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

What type of plow? How old is the wiring? Is it one of the new systems with an electronic isolator?
  5. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

MSQueen I forgot what kind of setup you have, but my plow lights are run from a separate switch. My regular headlights stay on unless I flip the switch and then the plow lights come on.
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

my guess, is that its a Western Unimount. Check your Low-beam relay. $10 says its bad.

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Hey Snowy,

is that money falling from the sky down there?
  8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

It is falling inbetween you and me. I'm only going to get an inch or so, but up in pontiac and galesburg, they are supposed to get 2-4". Oh well, I will wait my turn, it's coming, I know it is. payup
  9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Snowy-You owe me $10,I believer this is a Fisher MM2 with the Isolation module:D
    Check your connections between the truck and plow,make sure they are tight,from there open the hood and look for the Isolation module,it's a black box with 4 wire looms coming out of it,make sure those connectors to the box are on all the way,they are hard to push on and i've seen them back out if not properly attached from the get go,you should hear distinct "click" when they lock.Eliminate these ideas and we can go from there(assuming i remember correctly that you do have a Fisher MM2:p )

BTW-There are 2 ground connections also,both single wire,make sure they are connected good,1st one is in the #1 harness coming out the Isolation module appox 6" away from the box,the other will be closer to your motor relay(solenoid)The little black gadget with the heavy balck and red wires on it(also has 2 small wires on it for ground)There is another ground connector coming off of the motor relay,make sure they are both plugged in right.
  10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Dammit Arc!

I went and searched for MsQ's posts, sure enough he bought a Fisher. If I ever get out your way, I'll pay up payup :drinkup:
  11. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

Found out what it is...

I went back to where I bought it and installed it (brandy new) and he believes it is the module. He's ordered it and it should be fixed by Monday. I can still use the high beams in the meatime. Thanks again for everyone's expertise! BTW, I AM A WOMAN!!!!! What kind of plowing guy would pick a name of "MsQueen" anyway??? ;)

Have fun everyone on the east coast, it's gonna be good!!:p
  12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

This is true, I didn't really think about it, I just assumed it would have been your last name. Sorry about that :eek:
  13. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

BTW, I AM A WOMAN!!!!! What kind of plowing guy would pick a name of "MsQueen" anyway???

Well, if you travel about 40 miles east of me to the tip of the Cape you can probably find a few :waving:
  14. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

I visited there once.... what a trippin place P-Town is..:eek: :dizzy: