1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights on Back Rack

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GSullivan, Nov 19, 2009.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Hello,I ordered a pair of brackets to run lights on my Super-Duty's Back Rack.Anyone else here run them?I'm thinking of running them on a plug to the power point in the cab.I think you can never have enough light back there,especially on a real snowy night.What do you guys think?Any input would be great.ussmileyflag

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I second that...there also good for idiots that fail to turn off there high beams or even better, the chronic tailgater. :nod:

Here is a couple pics of mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Repo Man,check your messages

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have them on my back rack and run them off a switch in the cab so I can turn them on whenever I need them.

5. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'll be putting them on the truck in the morning.I'm going to run them off the power-point in the cab.I'll probably have to adjust them when its dark.ussmileyflag

6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

hard wire them to a fused switch. there is a little rubber grommet behind the seat that you can snake the wire out of.

7. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'll check that out.Thanks

8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Hey Repo ,I`d like to do a set up just like you got on my Sierra Denali,i have bed rails that go in to the stake pockets and the factory GM tonneau cover.Do you know if a rack will fit ?

9. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

how much higher is the tool box with those brackets for the back rack???

10. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i just installed some on mine also, absolutly love them! gives all kinds of light back there..and like stated above help with those people who forget to dim there highbeams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

No, you would have to ditch the rails unless you have the 8' bed, and the Tonneau cover has to be customized to fit. Seamstress could hook you up for around $100 - $150. I could put a 6' Tonneau on mine, but it would have tiny cabs on the corners where it would meet up with the toolbox. we dry fitted a few and it looked ok, but it kinda defeats the purpose of keeping things 100% dry so I said to heck with it.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

There about 3".

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Very nice! You won't be disappointed with that purchase.

14. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Thats allright I can ditch the rails and tonneau for the winter I have a couple of aluminum Diamond plate boxes I can put one on with the rack for winter.

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

How did you have a tonneau cover on there with the rails?

16. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I just added 2 self contained HID's to mine. WOW! :dizzy: I feel bad for the next jerk that gets behind me with his high beams on, he's going to need to pull over and wait for the spots in his eyes to go away! :gunsfiring:

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Remember to accelerate just after you flip the switch, he may run into you due to the initial shock. :laughing:

18. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

I used the brackets and fabbed some light boxes for S/T/T LED's then mounted LED flood lights below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thats a really cool idea. I think I may...borrow that idea over the winter and make my own set. Good thinking man! :drinkup:

20. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

SWEET set up!Nice job.I think its a little late in the year for something like that on my truck.Maybe next year..........