1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights on a 7-6 MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Richmor52, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

I have a MM2 on a 2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L, my question is that I have no marker lights or turn signals. I also have a problem with my head lights, I believe it to be a problem with the ground because one is brighter than the other and when I play with the harness I can get it to work normally. My big issue is with the markers and turn signals. Is there a fuse somwhere I can replace because when i went to replace one of the bulbs all the light stopped working. The bulbs have'nt blown and the lights on the truck still work normally. Thanks Kyle

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the main gnd tk to plow and grill to plow. Ck fishers website for the wiring diag

3. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

Think it may be a fuse on the truck.

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Is this a new install or have the directional and markers been working before and now are not working?

5. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

The markers and turn signals originally worked. It's almost like I shorted somthing out, when i went to replace the one of the bulbs all the lights, markers/ turn signals, stopped working.

6. buddymanzpop

Start by checking the connections at the grille plugs to make sure both sides are clean, then make sure the black/orange stripe wire at the ground (neg) stud on the motor has a clean connection and no breaks and then check the splices at the vehicle harness for good connections

7. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

Just to confirm there are no fuses on the vehicle side of the harness. When the light stopped working was when I pluged the new bulb in as if I had blown a fuse. Thanks for the help Kyle

8. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

What started all the problems, went to replace the two broken 1157 bulbs and while installing the bottom bulb no more markers. Nothing inside the housing broke only thing that broke were the two bulbs and the headlamp.

388646_317124071649828_1347676358_n.jpg

9. buddymanzpop

On the main control harness coming out of the #1 port on your isolation module you will most likely find a 15 amp fuse blown, it's for the markers and turn signals, when you broke the bulb you probably shorted it to ground and popped that fuse, by the way the other 7.5 amp fuse is for the controller.