1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lights not working

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by psdiesel24, Nov 13, 2008.

1. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

I have a 2001 dodge 2500 with a boss v and when i go to truck lights the high beam indicator comes on but no lights and cant switch them. Truck lights work fine i have tried everything and cant figure it out.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have no truck lights how do they "work fine"? :confused:

3. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

my truck lights work fine when i switch to plow lights is when the light comes on and the plow lights dont work but switch back and the truck lights are ok.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely one of the three relays that switch the lights from the truck to the plow isn't tripping.

Check the relay pins and sockets for corrosion as well as the relays themselves for operation to narrow down which of the three isn't being tripped...may just be a bad relay as well.

5. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

ya i bought a new relay for it and still nothing about ready to just hard wire my plow lights

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Get the test light out and start checking the relay pins to see if you have power when and where you should, they're not that bad to troubleshoot.