1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lights not working

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ram4x443015, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

its a 2000 2500 5.9 gas and the ps rear brake light and turn sig is not working and not working on the trailer pig tail park light is working tho the ds light are fine i have checked and changed the bulbs fues and the flasher is working mfs tested good to i am not getting any power to the ps brake turn light the ground is good am i missing some thing ? :realmad:

thanks for any info

2. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Is there any corrosion at the trailer plug? Easiest thing to do would be to grab a test light and start checking the harness to find where your not getting power. Where as you're not getting power at the plug or the light itself, it sounds like there might be a break in the wire prior to the trailer plug / split for the PS light.

3. ram4x443015

i am not geting power at the light or the trailer plug i did some traceing of the wire and did not have power to it under the ds floor bord so i am thinking it mihg be some place in the cab the trailer pluge has no crrosion it it and looks good

4. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I'd keep tracing the the wire as far back as you can go until you find power in the line. Not 100% sure but, it may possably be a bad multifunction switch in your steering colum. The part from Auto zone goes for around $60 and takes about an hour or less to install.

Rock Auto has them for about $46
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1481660

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  5. ram4x443015

i had the multifunction switch out and it test ok back to tracing wires mad how i hate wires lol

6. ram4x443015

ok so i found it it was a wire in the ds wheel will they have a junction box in it and the wire was bad what a bad place to put a box at all the crap from the road goes right up at it

7. 99tjer

99tjer Junior Member

Having a similar problem, is this the box with the fuses and relays?

8. ram4x443015

no just wires its in back of the inner wheel will have to move the rubber innre fender will to see it