1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights not working right

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BKFC255, Nov 3, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

WELL I GOT MY LIFT IN LAST NIGHT HAVE NOT TAKEN A PICTURE OF IT YET. BUT THE TRUCK AND PLOW A TOTALY DIFFERENT WITH 2.5 ". WELL WHEN I PUT THE PLOW ON MY TRUCK I HOOKED UP THE LIGHTS BUT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN I HAVE IT ON LOWS THE HIGHS ARE ON AND WITH HIGHS ON THE LOWS ARE ON. IS IT THE RELAY GONE BAD ON THE EIS. THEY WORK JUST BACKWARDS.:drinkup:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Stop shouting. Calm down and explain a little more. What's with the "TRUCK AND PLOW A TOTALY DIFFERENT WITH 2.5 ."?

There are no relays in the EIS system. If you have a relay it's not EIS. If you have relays then yes you swapped some wires.

Here is a link to the proper relay wiring configuration

http://www.snoway.com/service/LightKits/97100798A.pdf

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Can you take our "cap lock" off.
    Listen to basher....he is the guru...... :salute:

4. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Sorry I did it on my way out the door. What I was trying to say is I have the EIS when I turn on the low beams only my highs come on, when I flip it to high beams only my lows come on. when i unplugg the lights from my truck the lights on my truck are normal. I am assuming that the little box on the wiring harness was a relay. But i guess it is not

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The pic in your Avatar appears to be a MT series. If so it does not have our EIS system. The MT would have a relay in the system.

6. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Yes it is a MT but I was told it has the EIS system.i have these little boxes probaly 2x2. i am not sure then what i have. my truck is a 06. It came off a 06 the plow was brand new to his truck in late 05 or early 06.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes it is a relay. Look at the pictures on the link and rewire your relay you switched the number 2 and number 6 wire.

You do not have an EIS system.

8. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

doing some research i have the relay system so i will look into it in the morning

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Should only take a second:)