1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by doo-man, Feb 12, 2010.

1. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I have a few lights for sale:

1. Code 3 mini halogen lightbar w/dual 55watt rear work lights $200.00 (clear dome amber filters)
    2. Sound-off Water-proof 2 outlet strobe power supply $75.00 (eta225wp weather-pack conns)
    3. Sound-off Clear hide-a-way strobe bulbs x6 $15 each (weather-pack conns)
    4. Sound-off Amber hide-a-way strobe bulbs x4 $20 each (weather-pack conns)

Prices are listed by each item, Prices are negotiable shipping is extra bulbs should be $5.00 priority with delivery conformation, lightbar should be no more than $20.00 priority also.

I will post pics later or if you like I could e-mail them also.

Thanks

2. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

If you require additional or different pics please let me know. All items except for the code 3 mini are brand new in packages still, the lightbar has a brand new clear lens this fall.

100_2200.jpg

100_2202.jpg

100_2203.jpg

100_2206.jpg

100_2207.jpg

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

bump anyone ???

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

No one needs some strobe bulbs? As stated the prices are best offers also, so let me know if I dont have any hits I think I will post them on flea bay or crack list !!!!

5. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I don't have that much use for hideaways due to my state's motor vehicle law, but the power supply looks interesting. I'd just need to find a couple of surface-mount heads to run with it. SoundOff doesn't have anything for surface-mount strobes, but I kinda like the LINEAR 36 heads from Nova.

Found an Install Guide for the AURORA™ power supply that makes it look like even I could hook one up.

That lightbar is kinda neat, with the work lights in it. (I already have a minibar, though.)

Free bump! [​IMG]

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Sound off Signal does make Par 36 style as well as other style external strobe lights. There is also an installation manual that is easy to follow and only requires 3 wire to hook it up. The lightbar is very nice as it offers alot of rear light output for backing up...

Here is a link to the Par 36 and their websitehttp://www.soundoffsignal.com/strb-halgn_lighting/sh_ddg_par36rmt.htm
    http://www.soundoffsignal.com/indexpages/warnamber_prod.htm

7. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

I'm not familiar with hide-a- ways. How do they work? How much for the mini bar?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

You drill a 1" hole in your headlight or taillight assembly and mount them in there and they will flash a bright light(strobe) You have to wire them to a power supply.

9. Maine_Train

I found SoundOff's site okay, but I was looking for something for the rear sides of my truck body, for backing out of a driveway. The extended PAR 36 on the pedestal mount might be okay on top of the outer corners of the back bumper, with the extended lens for some side visibility.
    [​IMG]

Otherwise, all SoundOff has are the 4" round and 6" oval heads, which would require some "quality time" with a saw. Nothing for surface-mounts except LED stuff. To flush-mount a Nova LINEAR 36, it looks like it only needs a hole for the ¼" cable, plus six holes for the mounting screws.
    [​IMG]

10. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

If you are on private property you can run what ever you like I personally run red/clear rear strobes and have not had any issues as I turn them off when I finish at the customers property. I do use them when I back into the road both while working at the property and when I back out to leave.

11. Maine_Train

Granted, if you're not using the lights on a public way, most likely nobody would ever know what's in there. But Maine law restricts what vehicles "may be equipped with a device that provides for alternate flashing of the vehicle's brake or rear directional lights and back-up lights or strobe lights behind the rear brake lenses."
    If I'm on private property, I don't really need the lights unless it's a big parking lot or something. If I enter a public way in the course of plowing, then the lights "may" (and probably should) be used.
    If I was out there doing "cop stuff" with my truck, that'd be different, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

SoundOff and many other companies make 'em, in strobe and LED. SoundOff has two types of strobe tubes, screw-in and pop-in (push-in), and other companies probably make both types, too. The ones in Doo-Man's photos look like the screw-in type, ETUC0A-P and ETUC0C-P.
    More info on this page, including installation guides.
    They're sometimes called "corner lights."

RTFP (Read the fine print):
    ;)

12. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

All Pm's returned, also daily bump

13. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

The 4 clear tubes are sold......

I still have the amber tubes and the mini lightbar.

14. Maine_Train

How about the power supply?

I just found the 11/09 revision of SoundOff's price guide. List price for colored strobe tubes is $67 each, and the weatherproof connectors add another $3-$6. At a price less than ⅓ of list, I've been thinking of places I could put some hideaways. ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  15. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Yes, I still have the supply I forgot to state that when I updated the listing!

Yes, I still have the amber tubes and yes they all have the WP cons I figured I would pass a good deal along to my fellow plowers here on PS only I have not listed them anywhere else!!!

I accept paypal so if you want a set or all them PM me and I will give ya the address to send payment.

All items are ready to ship out !

If these items dont sell soon I may just keep the tubes as spares....

16. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I found 2 more clear bulbs but they are Whelen brand with amp connectors....

Bump to the top !!!

17. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

bumpity bump !!!