1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights come loose

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Easy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I have a SnoPro3000 and the headlights need to be aimed after about 2-3 days of use. I am afraid to tighten too much as the housings are plastic, but this gets annoying, with the lights pointing down in front of the plow instead of down the road.
    Does anyone else have this problem? If so, short of readjusting them, what solution did you come up with?
    Thanks
    Don

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

ive cranked mine down tight and they dont move anymore

3. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I figured that was the only solution, but I am afraid of breaking the plastic case by tightening them to tight.

4. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

i wont take responsibility if you break yours lol but I reeeeeally crank down on mine!

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i got mine tight

6. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I think I will wait until spring and put some muscle to them, that way if they break I will have time to replace them.
    Thanks
    Don

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

tighten them to just before they strip, then stop. ;)

Seriously, you can get them pretty darn tight.
    Make sure you don't try to move them (aim them) when they are tight, then they loosen up again.

Crank 'em down.

8. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

I put some stank on mine and they didn't crack... My wristorque wrench tells me it's about 95 ft lbs wesport