1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights, Backdrag, Prowings, In-dash Controller, everything picture...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

This is a collage of all the goodies related to my plow truck.

MassiveTruckEquipment_monta.jpg

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Nice

Nice collage but you need more snow to keep you busy lol.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

how did you wire the ights on the plow thanks chris

4. Northland

Northland Senior Member

How well does the backdrag edge work when it is hinged like that. Do you have anything on it for down pressue like a spring or something?

5. Grn Mtn

Those are tractor lights, I have a ground going to the plow motors ground block, then the power wire has a rubber quick disconnect at the hood, that continues back to my solenoids under my rear seat and then up to the switches in my dash.

6. Grn Mtn

No down-pressure is necessary, the plow weighs in close to 1000lbs, when reversing the plow naturally just flips up on the backblade, not pictured are the stops that keep it from folding farther back than straight down.

I posted a thread showing how well it works, here is the link:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=43267

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

how did you wire the lights

8. Grn Mtn

actually its been non-stop plowing since jan 10th, minus about 3 days. its just that i always seem to enjoy responding to threads about lights and backblades and prowings, so i made up the collage and put it in my signature line.

9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I figured you have been busy, just thought that I would give you a hard time, it's been slowing down here, anyway hope you making all kinds of money, good luck and remember to look in all directions when plowing.

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Is that something you made or can you buy it?

11. Grn Mtn

its not the plowing part I have trouble with its the driving to and from that I keep gettin' wacked.

12. Grn Mtn

I had my dealer put this one on for a tad under $300. I have really enjoyed this particular design, hinged is the way to go. --it is made by some guy here in town, its not a manufacture's, dealer just subs it out. If you have a plasma cutter and a welder, you too could build one.

13. Quality SR

That is nice. Will it just fit fishers? Let me know if they will fit Western.

14. Quality SR

I do have access to a plasma, and i have a welder. Could you email me some pictures if you don't mind. Thanks in advance

15. Grn Mtn

Quality, I PM'd ya

16. Timmy2500

Timmy2500 Junior Member

That Pic makes my eyes go wacky :dizzy:

17. Grn Mtn

LOL

its like a where's waldo, except in this case its a what else can there be a picture of in here?

18. Quality SR

Sorry for the late reply.I just PM'd you..

19. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That picture made me so dizzy I felt like throwing up! :dizzy:

20. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Sorry for the noob question, but whats a normal backdrag edge like? Just a fixed steel edge thats the reverse angle of the cutting edge? Looking at this I was thinking this is a normal backdrag edge becasue the design is so sensible and because of the angle it presents would be very effective.

I'm thinking of adding a backdrag edge and snowfoil for next year so I'm curious.