1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lights are making me pull my hair out!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by epicdad, Nov 29, 2011.

1. epicdad

epicdad Junior Member

i just purchased a new to me 96 stroker with an 8' fisher, problem is is that the lights on the plow only work when i angle or lift the blade. noticed two broken pin on female plug and two broken wires on male plug. so until i can replace them i just cut the plugs and butt connected them until i can order new thinking it would solve the problem. NOT!!! i think its an MM2 cause it has three plugs and 1-4 iso mod. somebody please give me some insight before i set this thing on fire!!!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

when you lift or angle,,when you stop using the controller, do the lights go back off??? broken pins on which conectors?

3. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Post it in the Fisher section and I am sure someone will help out.

4. epicdad

epicdad Junior Member

when i lift or angle, the lights work. when i am not using the controller the lights are off and the truck lights go back on. and as far as the pins go im not sure as to which ones they were

5. dieselss

so when you "lift" the plow lights come on, when you stop, the lights go back to truck? sounds like something is not getting pwr or gnd. its seening pwer through the plow operation not where it should. check the main gnd for the plow from the truck. the iso mods. use the gnd to "pwr' everything up. see if that helps?

6. epicdad

epicdad Junior Member

well that is what i was thinking myself, that i was having a ground issue. i checked as many grounds as i could find with a test light, and everything appeared to be in order. ill try removing and cleaning. but i have to say that everything looks good, the guy i bought the truck from was good about cleaning all the terminals as far as i can tell cause all the power cables that i have removed have been cleaned. i appreciate your words of wisdom and see what happens

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground on the light harness. using jumper cables provide ground to the light base and see what happens.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a 383?

9. dieselss

no,,i think he meant 1996 ford power stroke??

10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Pin 11 (I believe) is the power for the lights- feeds off the marker light circuit to supply power to the relays to transfer power to the plow headlights. You're picking up power or ground from another circuit. Broken wires at the plugs will cause lots of issues- could be as simple as the wire flexing when the plow moves making contact in the circuit turning on the lights.

Wiring diagrams are available on the fisher website.